Pool Test Kits
Pool Solar Blankets
Pool Vac Navigator
StaRite Great White
Formerly A.O. Smith Electrical Products Company
3/4 HP Square Flange Threaded Shaft
Single Speed - Up Rated 60 Hz
Cross Reference Chart
AO Smith Motor Cross Reference Link
Shaft seal failure is the major cause of motor failure. This allows moisture to go back to the motor causing corrosion and much more. One of the causes of a shaft seal going bad is the result of the pump running dry which heats up all the parts inside the pump causing damage. It's always best to replace the shaft seal when installing a new motor. If the motor fails due to water damage it can void the manufactures warranty.
These motors carry a 12 month manufacturers warranty (Water damage is not covered).
ATTENTION: Improperly wiring a motor will cause irreversible damage. If the motor runs slowly then trips out, it is incorrectly wired. Please carefully read the motor name plate regarding the connections. 115/230 volt motors are shipped from the factory connected for 230 volts. A motor connected for 115 volts that has 230 volts applied will burn up immediately. A motor connected for 230 volts that has 115 volts applied will run slowly and trip out. If the wires moved on the connection board are not replaced on the proper terminals, the result will be a slow running motor that overheats and trips out. These motors have automatic overload protection, which means the motor will not run again until it cools down. If you are experiencing problems, please recheck the connections to insure you have the motor properly wired for the incoming voltage. These motors have been test run at the factory, and they very rarely have problems. Problems are almost always related to improper wiring or other installation issues. Please be sure that you are ordering the correct motor and that follow all installation instructions carefully.
Inground Swimming Pool Motors
Swimming Pool Motor Applications
GE Commercial Motors by Regal-Beloit offers a full family of pool motors for commercial and residential swimming pool pumps, consisting of both single and two compartment models. The single compartment motor features a permanent split capacitor, no start switch design, while the two compartment motor incorporates the unique features desired by the service industry. The motor will run for years, but when service is necessary, repair is a breeze.
Features and Benefits
• Unique two-compartment design with cover and base plate of impact resistant Noryl® also resists moisture and corrosion with superior insulating properties that lasts for years.
• Unique voltage change selector eliminates misconnections.
• Only two switches and start capacitor ratings for reduced inventory of parts.
• Base plate provides easy-access channel that guides the leads into position for quick connections to simple terminals.
• Easy access to start switch, capacitor, terminal connections, shaft and voltage change switch by loosening one captive screw.
• Start switch uses an internal centrifugal mechanism tested in over a million starts.
• Highly resistant to moisture and contamination, the switch never needs adjustment to maintain perfect contact alignment.
• Only two switch designs: one for single speed designs, one for two speed designs.
• Start capacitors are standardized into only two ratings: one for single speed designs, one for two speed designs.
• Precision-machined shafts of 303 stainless steel with both a screwdriver slot and double flats on the opposite drive end.
• The impeller can be assembled or disassembled using either a screwdriver or 1/2 inch wrench.
• The Class B insulation system is designed for years of trouble-free service in high-moisture applications.
• All motors are thermally protected.
• An internal heavy-duty fan provides flow-through ventilation for fast, efficient cooling.
• Single compartment PSC designs (no start switch) have quick voltage change device easily accessible under terminal box cover.